Need Help! - Mobile Version Of The Drop Down Menu Stopped Working.

Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Folks......

Using Supply Theme and have a Mobile version issue.....

The mobile version drop down menu arrow moved to the right of the screen on mobile.

Now when I click on that menu drop down directly it does not open the drop down menu.

I have to click on the arrow that moved all the way to the right of the screen in order to open the drop down.

It was working fine yesterday and today it just stopped working for some dumb reason.

Here is a mobile screen shot link off my phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13IavCn9e8hMMWjml2M2lFZD_hTTfMsLn/view?usp=sharing

Anybody know how to get the down arrow back to the left and working again?

Would appreciate your help!

Thank you.

Thomas...

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
835 85 159

Hey there, Thomas!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really interesting question, and thank you for the screenshots, they really help. I took a look into this on my test store and found that this is actually expected behavior from the Supply theme:

The main difference here is that the menu background on your store is white as opposed to another color and so it is less apparent that you must click on the arrow to activate the drop-down menu. The reason for this is that the arrow is to be used to activate the drop-down menu while the rest of the link would bring you to page associated.

I spoke with our theme team and they did let me know that if you wanted, we could get this altered so that the entire menu item drops down as opposed to having to rely on that arrow. This would take some complex coding and so they have suggested contacting support to get this escalated to them so they can change it directly for you.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Bo, 

I got the arrow to move back to the left next to the parent menu where it was. The drop down is working again now on mobile. I don't know why mine insist floating left to work on mobile. Kinda strange.

Thank you for replying!

Thomas

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I've been dealing with this issue with tech support for going on a week and apparently they cant replicate it but the drop down doesnt work on any of the phones I've tried it on. I have sent them links to posts here, screen shots, videos of it not functioning properly on my phone and other phones and all I get are excuses and no solution.  The arrow button on mine doesnt work at all.  I've been paying for social media ads for new products I've been working on that send my customers to a webpage that doesnt even work  I guar5ive put more effort into this than any of the "shopify tech support". Come to find out they weren't trying to replicate the issue on actual phones they aren't allowed to have phones on them at work.  Well this explains alot  im paying you and you hire a bunch of irresponsible teenagers half of which dont speak English to be my tech support? They cant manage to stay off their phone during work hours but their the ones supposed to be fixing my website? No wonder Ive got nothing but excuses. I had another issue with domains a year ago that i just gave up on resolving. Bunch of lazy worthless employees imo. Right before black Friday too.  Based on my experience I guarantee theres no way it will be fixed by black Friday, if at all.  I finally joined this forum because I realized I'd have to figure their issue out for them. Unfortunately nothing has worked. I have about 10-15 hours into working on this and dealing with lazy fools in tech support just in 4 days. Why are there posts going back to 2015 with people having the same issue but tech support is oblivious even when I send them links? Why are the posts marked outdated and the replys are  not visible? Why is it that al the threads I can find on this thread shopify store owner solved it themselves? Hmmm. As you can tell I'm done with shopify.  Now I'm researching how to move my store elsewhere. I'm sure you lazy bastards will just delete this post anyway so fuck you shopify!!! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Hey Justin!

I'm very sorry that you're experiencing issues with your Supply theme. If you check your email, you'll see that we were actually able to fix the problem that you were having with your product variant drop-downs on mobile, android browsers. It was a very difficult issue to reproduce, but I thank you for providing all of the information we needed to solve it!

Unfortunately, that problem has nothing to do with the question being asked in this thread. This thread is about mobile menus, and not variant drop-downs, so I will not go into detail about your specific problem here. If you'd like more info about your issue, feel free to respond to the email sent to you today and we'd be happy to ellaborate :)

Have a great day!

Strat

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 25

Hi, Justin

Due to your post violating our Community Guidelines I've removed it from being seen publicly. If you have further questions regarding your issue, please refer to Stratify's post above or reach out to us on our support help page. Please refrain from using abusive language in the future to ensure that your account stays in good standing.

Thank you for the understanding. 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

This guy gets it. Having same issue might need to NOT USE SUPPLY?

0 Likes
4 0 0

I was wrong I just needed to change the mailchimp signup form and it fixed it

0 Likes