Need Help on how to enter a URL box at check out ?

1 0 0

at the time of checkout I have them required to enter email address. 

Under that I want them to be required to enter a URL. 

What do I need to add to get this option available?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 16 37

Hi, @buytiktokclout!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out for help with gathering these details, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

Shopify's checkout is a completely secure form that cannot be edited, or added onto in any way, in order to ensure the form remains safe and secure. However, I understand that it's necessary to gather these extra details from your customers, so I recommend collecting these in your cart page instead, rather than in the checkout. 

One way to collect additional information from customers in the cart page is to use cart attributes. These are custom fields added to the cart page on your site that are used to collect extra details from customers. However, adding these attributes requires custom coding and knowledge of web design languages like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Liquid, so I only recommend attempting to add this feature if you're comfortable with those types of code. If you'd like to proceed with this, you can find more information about implementing these attributes via this link.

If you need any extra help with adding cart attributes, or if you'd like to speak with someone about adding them on your behalf, I recommend reaching out to Shopify Experts for more information. Experts are third party designers and developers who are very skilled in our platform, so they're the best people to speak with about adding additional coding, or creating extra features for your specific site, if cart attributes don't fit your exact needs. 

Additionally, there are several apps like Required by The Resistance and Customer & Cart Attribute that can be used to collect details from customers in your cart page. These are third party apps, so if you need any assistance with setting them up, or if you have questions about using these apps, I suggest reaching out to the app developers directly for more help. You can contact them by following these steps

Can you please tell me a bit more about why you're looking to add this feature? Are you selling products only to other businesses? I'd love to hear more about your plans! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes