Need a clickable collection image (image link)

Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Hello,

as you can see in my shop, my collection images are not clickable. And this is not so good in terms of UX :)

So what can i do? I have read some posts but didnt find a good solution.

Shop: www.malique.co

Best wishes

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
265 1 12

Hey Laura, 

Jarvis here. What you have to do is track the button url and then just copy it to the image as well. It's not a bit change and we can help with that if you'd like. 

Jarvis

Jarvis @ Kaleido
- Slow Shopify Store? Install our PageSpeed Magic app.
- Have more questions? Feel free to email me.
- My reply helped? Click Like to show me some love!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Thx for your help. I will find it in the theme.liquid right? How can i track the Button?I am a beginner and want to do the most by myself. So is there a better way to edit the code than in shopify directly? Could i use a kind of wysiwyg editor or something like that?

Laura

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
265 1 12

You should look for it in the adequate section, not sure about the name. Should be collection something. Then you can track the button by searching for "input" of type button and the image should be and img of course. You can do everything in Shopify's editor, no need to use any other type, this is much easier. 

Jarvis

Jarvis @ Kaleido
- Slow Shopify Store? Install our PageSpeed Magic app.
- Have more questions? Feel free to email me.
- My reply helped? Click Like to show me some love!

0 Likes
Explorer
83 0 25

Hi Laura,

It looks like what's causing this is the <figure> element isn't clickable. The <a> tag is inside the figure, if you take that element outside and put the opening <a> element before the <figure> and the closing </a> element after the </figure> element it should work just fine. Is your theme completely custom or did you download a premade theme? I can try to download a trial version of that theme (if downloaded from shopify theme store) and check where this figure is located. I'm assuming if your theme has sections it would be located in one of the files there. If it doesn't I'd need to look at the contents of the theme to be sure where to change this.

In the screenshot below the first block of code was changed to have the <a> element ouside of the figure and when that was changed the entire image block became clickable. The bottom block of code shows what the original code looks like (for the second image block).

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Hey Nick,

thx for your great support. But where is the template where i can see exactly what i see on your picture? I

0 Likes
Explorer
83 0 25

Hi Laura,

Without knowing what theme you're using or what your assets look like I cannot be certain where you would find this. Would you mind telling me the name of your theme or taking a screenshot of your themes opened asset folders (like the image below)?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Sure. How could you make such a long screenshot :D

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 0
Highlighted
Explorer
83 0 25

Thank you for those, can you provide sections and snippets as well?

0 Likes