Need help with "Adding Media to themes" Update

Faaqaaf
12 0 0

Ive tried following this coding from Shopify to update my product page image so I can add gifs to it, but following this does not work at all:

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/add-theme-support-for-rich-media-3d-and-video

Can someone please show me an easy way to do this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

What theme are you using? I don't think you've to implement 3D in order to load simple .gif . Most themes such as Debut and our own Bullet support .gif image files out of the box.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Eye-catching, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? Need a developer to help you with your theme modifications? [Get a free quote]
0 Likes
Faaqaaf
12 0 0

Im using Debutify theme. It use to work with this theme before, but no idea why it now dosnt. HOw can this be fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes

I've just tried on my test installation of that theme and it is working fine for me using Debutify 2.0.2 (perhaps it's a theme version bug) ?

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Eye-catching, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? Need a developer to help you with your theme modifications? [Get a free quote]
0 Likes
Faaqaaf
12 0 0

that so weird... its working now oddly. my other gifs are 17 mb's, and this new one i tested is only 5mbs and it works fine, but the bigger ones do not work. maybe size matters.(thats what she said - lol)

BUT! perhaps since you know this theme, do you know how to move the ptroduct title in mobile only. desktop positioning is fine but i want to put title under image in mobile. 

0 Likes