Solved

Need to add underline to all links on Debut theme

newbiee
9 0 0

Hi guys,

I'm trying to customize the Debut theme for my shop.

Currently, when I add a link to a certain part of the text, you can't really tell it's there. I tried manually adding underline to that part of the text, however, certain elements aren't giving me the choice of adding underline (for example the text columns with images on the homepage only have options for bold and italic text, but no underline).

Is there a way for me to add this to the template, so that every time I add a link to the text anywhere on the page, that text is automatically underlined?

Here's my shop: www.bestieslabel.com

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)
OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Sure.

This code will add the underline on all links inside your MAIN content excluding buttons. Links in the Header & Footer won't be underlined!

main a:not(.btn){text-decoration:underline!important}

code goes in the same file as before!

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

Hi,

Yes sure! Paste the following code at the very bottom of your your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

a{text-decoration:underline!important}

NOTE: the following will add an underline to ALL the links on your website.

let me know if it works!

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
newbiee
9 0 0

Thanks for the fast reply!

Okay, apparently I don't want underline for all links, since this also includes menu items, buttons, and the announcement banner.

Is there a way to add underline only to link in the normal text?

Thanks!

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Sure.

This code will add the underline on all links inside your MAIN content excluding buttons. Links in the Header & Footer won't be underlined!

main a:not(.btn){text-decoration:underline!important}

code goes in the same file as before!

newbiee
9 0 0

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much 🙂

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

I'm glad it worked for you! :))

DeniseHeap
Visitor
1 0 0

<< Yes sure! Paste the following code at the very bottom of your your assets/theme.scss.liquid file. >>

This is my first attempt (scary) to mess with code. Used to do that a million years ago, but it has been a while, so a little hesitant.

I need to do this for columns as well, same theme, but I do not see this file in the assets folder. This is what I see. Is /theme.css the same file?

DeniseHeap_0-1638485516529.png