Need to be able to track page visits to every page of my site

mh123456789012
Excursionist
29 0 57

I need to track which pages are drawing people in or scaring them away.  This capability should be native to Shopify.  What say you?

NM

https://nicolemariefashions.com

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
375 47 68

Hey there, @mh123456789012!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It's awesome that you're wanting to gather more information regarding your store's engagement. I'd be happy to offer some guidance as to how you'd be able to track your visitor's behaviours to make informed decisions for your business.

If you're on the Basic plan or higher, then you'll be able to access the Behaviour report. While this report doesn't detail every page your visitors arrive on, it does provide some basic insights that can help you market better. Since you're interested in accessing information related to every page visit, I recommend setting up Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a fantastic Analytic tool to gain deeper understanding of your visitor's engagement with your business. We offer a guide on how to setup goals and funnels in Google Analytics, but this will specifically allow you to track and review data regarding the "steps accomplished" by a visitor towards a goal you setup, such as a completing a purchase.

That being said, I was able to locate a Google guide for Unique Events and Unique Dimension Combinations. Unique Events can be used when you want to focus your analysis on events and is available by default in all of the Standard reports; whereas, Unique Dimension Combinations would be used when you want to focus on the unique results of user behaviour and is available as an additional metric in all of the Standard reports. The guide offers an example of how this data will be displayed and interpreted. Both of these are available If you have any Google Analytics related questions, you can always post in our Shopify Community Forums but you may find an answer quicker if you also post in the Google Analytics Help Community, or contact Google directly for support.

I hope this helps you get started with collecting the necessary data for your business needs. If you have any questions regarding Shopify Analytics, please let me know and I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance. 

Cheers!

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GTG2019
1 0 0

Is it possible to check page searches internally, searches and/or clicks that originated within the store? I'd like to see what's trending while the user is in the store. 

0 Likes