Need to change background color of email section in brooklyn theme

Solved
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi all! Ive been trying to change background color of my email section to white as its plain grey now and I dont want to change the whole background,  only the email box section. Im using brooklyn theme. Any suggestions?

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Hello 

Please share your site url and screenshots where to change bg color.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @kristinaswan !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and welcome to our Community here. I'd love to help you out with this where I can.

Usually it is very helpful if you can post a link to your store as @oscprofessional has indeed mentioned. This allows Community members to help you out that that bit faster.

I have however tested this on my own Brooklyn theme (version 14.1.1) and the following code below should do the trick. To set this up, we will need to edit your theme's Custom Style Sheet (CSS). This cannot be rolled back, unlike your theme's templates, so it's always recommended to test this out in a duplicate version of your theme first.

Once you have this created, if you could then navigate to your theme > actions > edit code> theme.scss.liquid. At the very bottom of this file, if you could then paste the following code:

.input-group-field.newsletter__input {
 background-color: #ffffff; 
} 

This should do the trick for you. Though do feel free to reply here if you need a hand or have any questions at all.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you very much for your help, it worked perfectly well! 

1 Like