Need to change the font color/hover color in footer only Debut theme

Tourist
13 0 2

I changed by background color in my footer only to black.  Now I need to change all text, hover and not in the footer to white so it pops against the black background.  

Can't seem to find out how to do so.  Help?

0 Likes

After you change the background color, paste this code at the very bottom of theme.scss.liquid

footer.site-footer *:not(input) {
    color: white;
}

Available for hiring. Inbox me lixonic[at]gmail[dot]com
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, 

Please, I need your help. I want to change the Footer and Header color to black or dark-blue how would it possible to do it? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Tourist
41 0 2

Hi Lilly,

Lixon Louis is already give you code for footer. Replace "white" with needed color.

You should add this code to your theme files. Within <style> tag. Or link new css file at <head> tag. And place this code to new file.

Please note you should be familiar with some developer skills. CSS, HTML. Read more about CSS here - https://www.w3schools.com/css/

Best regards 

theme and app developer
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Alex, 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Lilly

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2

This will set background color to black, and the text & hover to white... adjust colors to what you want...

Pastes at the bottom of theme.scss.liquid.

/* adjust the background colour in the footer */
.site-footer {
    background: #000000;
      color: #ffffff;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    padding-bottom: 55px;
}   

footer.site-footer *:not(input) {
    color: white;
}

Thanks Lixon

2 Likes
Tourist
22 0 2

Oh my gosh, you would not believe how much I struggled over this. thank you!!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Lyle, 

Thanks so much for your input. I was about to post another request. Alex's answer was helpful to understand how colors change work with CSS  but it's so difficult for a beginner like me to deal with this in a short time and want to make the change asap. 

I tried many times on my header.liquid by using CSS color's codes that I Copy/Pasted from the website that Alex gave to me, but nothing worked. I guess something was missing.

Lyle, I will try this and get back to you.

Thanks again

0 Likes
1 0 0

your a mf helper

0 Likes