Nested neavigation dropdown

trendyshadesllc
1 0 0

I was on youtube trying to create a nested navigation dropdown submenus and when I tried this is the error button I got. 

I lost everything on my home page.  How do I get it back?  Also, I wanted to add a link to my rewards in the header.

Please advise and thanks

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
493 56 130

Hi, @trendyshadesllc!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'm curious as to which videos you were following for building dropdown menus. Would you be able to let me know which ones you were using to help with this?

It does sound like you may be following an older method to building nested/dropdown menus. In the past, there was a level of code or liquid object use needed to accomplish this. However, you can simply create dropdown/nested menus by following a few very quick steps in this guide we created here. It sounds like you may find videos a bit better to follow, the great news is we also have a tutorial right here in our Shopify Help Center channel.

I recommend checking out our YouTube channels to better guide you in some more up-to-date tutorials and information. We also do provide some help on those channels as well if you comment on our videos.

To correct the code you've modified now, you can roll things back to a previous version of that code. We have a guide here to help walk you through a few steps to return your theme back to before the code was applied.

I'm thrilled to know that you're placing effort into making your site easy to navigate. Don't forget about your footer menu. It can be a place that many business owners may overlook, but it's an important part of your customer's experience. Most of your policies and business information will reside here for easy access and no confusion.

I highly recommend really making sure you have at least the following in your footer menu:

Keep your menus simple, clean, easy to understand. Some difficulties can occur for customers when a menu is very large or the menu headings are obscure or vague to understand. Make sure that you make it as easy as possible for your customers to navigate your store, this will result in a lower bounce rate and the increase in time that the customers spend will allow them to explore more of your site and more likely to add something to the cart.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes