New FREE Shopify Theme: Introducing Express, a theme built for your food and beverage business

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2141 100 299

https://changelog.shopify.com/posts/introducing-express-a-theme-built-for-your-food-and-beverage-bus...

Almost like the kickstart theme or narrative theme for single products but massively better the express theme is for one page multi item menus to get setup super fast(express demo store).

Advice: if your a restaurant then with ANY theme make sure your phone number and hours of operation are 100% obvious everywhere on your store. And make sure customers are aware of you delivery radius obvious before checkout.

Based on need and If I get time i'll see if this needs to be a walkthrough or prepackaged customization.

From the changelog:

Introducing Express, a theme built for your food and beverage business

Express is a free, fast theme that lets businesses take orders online while keeping control of their customers, profits, and brand.

Express includes the following features:

• A home page layout perfect for one-page stores with minimal content.
  • A menu-inspired design that lets customers focus on ordering, rather than product discovery.
  • A collapsible cart drawer and product modals that make it easy for your customers to build an order.

Express is available in the theme store.

Learn more about Express in the Shopify Help Center.

via 

https://changelog.shopify.com/posts/introducing-express-a-theme-built-for-your-food-and-beverage-bus...

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
69 0 17

Hi

Yes, customers should know the radius before checkout.  Good point.

I'm trying to figure out a way to display product images for the variants.  Out of the box, Express only shows the name of the product.

It would be better if the main product image would switch to whatever variant the customer clicks on -- but this is not currently available for Express.

I'm not a programmer but I am trying to make the necessary changes from this page:     https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-show-featured-image-on-product-page 

Not getting it to work so far -- some of the example code does not exactly match Express's code.

Great theme though for the purpose it was created.  Just needs some tweaks for the next version...

Rowby

www.Rowby.com
Specializing in Shopify Solutions including CBD
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2141 100 299

@Rowby thanks for pointing that out if my schedule allows i'll dig into that.

Can you share the store url(with theme preview) or do you have a static preview?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
69 0 17

Hi Paul,

I only have it as a test theme == not public.

However I have a great programmer who took a look at it and said the way the theme team coded it, it is not an easy fix.   He said it would take his team hours to fix it.

I put in a request for the SHopify Theme team to fix this issue. And I also posted a review of the theme where I point out the issue.

I think the SHopify Theme team will be doing this fix because I am not the only one who has pointed it out.

Keeping fingers crossed.  

Rowby

www.Rowby.com
Specializing in Shopify Solutions including CBD
0 Likes