New Product Variant Editing Layout Is NOT great

Excursionist
11 0 9

I don't like the new set up for editing the product variants. I miss seeing the SKU of each variant on the product page. I miss the individual edit buttons that would let you edit all the fields of a single variant with on button click. Opening bulk editor to do this is a hassle because you have to constantly select the columns you want to show. Also you can't effective copy a variant with another variable easily becuase now you have to go into bulk editor to change the sku and other attributes. Change is not always good if it doesn't make things easier.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
328 36 65

Hey, @AllStitch!

Lizzy here, from Shopify’s support team.

Thank you for sharing this feedback in the community! Our development teams are always working to continue improving Shopify. And that wouldn't be possible without hearing from business owners who use our platform. I will make sure to pass this along to them directly.

I also wanted to address some of your concerns here to see if I can help with any disruption to your workflow.

For your first concern, the SKUs should still be appearing on your product pages in the variant fields. If they aren't visible when you first load up the page, you can scroll to the right and you will see them! This recording shows how to do that. You can see in there that the edit button still appears too. This will take you to the variant page where you can adjust all of the variant details.

I also wanted to share the steps to duplicate a variant with an adjusted option!
22-59-73nlv-ewfxe

While this will create a new variant with the same SKU, you can scroll to the end and adjust it for the new product.

As I mentioned before we're always working to improve Shopify and make it as easy as possible to use for our business owners. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about the steps I've shared above, or if your product pages aren't showing the same options!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes