New domain with shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had a domain registered somewhere else and transferred it Shopify for the past 3 years. It expired this month so I registered a domain with Shopify.

After purchase, its stated that it will take up to 48 hours for the domain to be registered. However, it has past that time and shows the setup is still in progress.

Basically the website is down and no sales. I was meant to receive a verification email for activation as well but  didn't happen.

Does anyone know know how to help me? I'm disappointed the customer service is inactive.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
725 24 240

Hey, @Asantaa!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your domain setup. Although it can take up to 24 hours, it is normally way faster, usually only a minute or so.

If you can provide me with your store URL, I'll take a look to see if I can see what is going on.

Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Support. Although we don't currently have inbound phone calls as an option, you can request a call back at certain times of the day or you can use online chat, Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

We'll get you up and running as quickly as we can.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes