Newsletter Signup broken link

Solved
3 0 0

Hello, I've been trying to fix my newsletter signup all morning and still no luck, once a email address is entered in the box i get a broken link. 

Newsletter-form.liquid :

<form action="{{ settings.mailing_list_form_action }}" method="post" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" target="_blank" class="input-group">
<input type="email" value="" {% if settings.enable_multilang %}data-translate="general.newsletter_form.newsletter_text" translate-item="placeholder"{%endif%} placeholder="{{ 'general.newsletter_form.newsletter_text' | t }}" name="EMAIL" class="input-group-field" aria-label="Email Address">
<span class="input-group-btn">
<input type="submit" class="btn" value="{{ 'general.newsletter_form.submit' | t }}" name="subscribe" {% if settings.enable_multilang %}data-translate="general.newsletter_form.submit"{% endif %}>
</span>
</form>

Footer-newsletter.liquid:

{% if settings.footer_display_newsletter %}
<section class="newsletter">
{% if settings.footer_newsletter_title != blank %}
<div class="block-title">
<h6>{% include 'multilang' with settings.footer_newsletter_title %}</h6>
</div>
{% endif %}
<div class="block-content">
{% include 'newsletter-form' %}
</div>
</section>
{% endif %}

newsletter.png

newsletter box in footer.

once signup is click it takes you to :  https://myshopify.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=f03cabb421b3912425cda25cc&id=2b084b0139

I have just deleted the old Mailchimp app incase that was making a negative effect on it but still the same unless some code needs removing.

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 39 84

Hi @TaylorMan !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you!

I'm sorry to hear that your newsletter sign up is not working as expected for you, and thank you for providing the sample code here. 

I understand that you have removed the Mailchimp app, however in some cases removing an app from the app section of your admin, will not remove all of the code injected to your theme by the app itself. Without a link to your store, it is a little difficult to tell where exactly this may be in your theme. However looking at the link you have provided, there does appear to be some residual code left behind - the page title text here would indicate that this is linked to the Mailchimp app:

08-24-l1vdt-ui1b4

In either case, I suggest the best thing to do is to reach out to Mailchimp directly to confirm that the code has been removed fully from your theme and to help you to do so if this is not the case. We have a handy link for you to reach them at here

I hope this helps you out, do feel free to let me know how it goes for you or if you have any additional questions. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi, I am new to this and don't know how to post my own question hence replying to this message.

I am using the Minimal Theme and I get a 404 Page not found error when I enter an email address in the Newsletter footer section of the main page.

I haven't made any changes to this at all.  Could you please advise.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 39 84

Hi, @dianat23 !

Thanks for joining in here, and indeed welcome to Shopify! That's no problem at all. You are welcome to either create your own post, or to join a thread which relates to the same topic. In this case the latter is perfect.

I'd love to help where I can with this. Using the Minimal theme, there is the option to add this within your Theme Customizer by default.

Once you have set up this feature, the information captured should be added to the customer section of your admin. If you are seeing a 404 page, this could mean that it is not linked up correctly within your theme's code for example, or that there may be an app interfering in some way. Usually to best help with this, some additional info: e.g. a link to your store along with details on any email marketing apps you may be using, would be helpful.

However, as Minimal is a Shopify supported theme, we can take a look directly. I've gone ahead and sent you an email so we can help look into this that bit closer if you like.

Also, if you would like to create your own topics in future, I have created a demo here to help you. You will first need to select the relevant board before clicking on the 'start a topic' button. This then starts a new thread under that particular board. We also have some additional info within our Community help section too.

I hope this helps - do feel free to reply to me when you can and/or let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Tourist
26 0 0

we don't have an app like MailChimp and i need this link to work to collect all the email address from our customers. HOw do i make this work, this used to work no problem even without a newsletter app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 39 84

Thanks so much for joining in here also, @Taurian_Belle !

Would you be able to share a little more information about what you see from your side?

With Shopify, we facilitate your email marketing in that customers can enter their email address and this should go through to the customer section of your admin. From here, you can then use an App or third-party service to send out emails/ set up email campaigns. We have some more info on this here and indeed here within our blog - Email Marketing 101.

If you could let me know some more details about what you are seeing I can then try to best help. For example:

• Is this happening on your footer page only?
  • Are you seeing a 404 page and can you share a screenshot of this with me?
  • Can you let me know the name of your theme?
  • Have you adjusted your theme's code recently?

It may the case that this is not set up correctly within your theme. Though providing as much information as you can will allow us to best help you out.

If you have any questions do of course feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes