Newsletter Subscribe Message not working

10 0 0

Good morning,

We are using Mailchimp and I have a newsletter subscription form on the home page of my website but their is not confirmtation message once people register. What happens is : I out the email address, and when I click 'Join', I am redirected to an other page, confirm that I am not a robot and 'submit'. Once its done, I am redirected to the home page and I see this message 'translation missing: en.general.newsletter_form.confirmation' under the registration form. 

So first, in my Mailchimp settings, I did't allow the reCaptcha, second I don't undestant why I am redirected to an other page and finally, there is not message to confirm that the email address has been added to our list.

Could you please help me?

https://www.elfcosmetics.com.au

Thank you in advance.

Solene

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hi, Solene! 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

I checked into the error you were experiencing and it looks like the message that is being presented is connected to the theme that you are using rather than the app functionality. 

If that's not the case, and the emails aren't being captured, please check out the connection you've made with MailChimp to assure it has been properly completed. These docs should help with that:

Otherwise, it looks like you might want to check out the Language setting for your theme. Head to Online Store > Themes > Actions > click Edit languages and search for the General / Newsletter heading. There should be some blocks available to edit and change, ideally there would be a Confirmation option to fill out. 

If not, you'll need to dig into some coding fixes.

1. Head to Online Store > Themes > Actions > click Edit code.
  2. From here navigate to the Locales folder.
  3. There should be at least one json file there with an en. prefix (en.default.json should be the one).
  4. From here, look for the "newsletter_form" div (command+f or control+f).
  5. Depending on your theme, you'll want to add a new line of code  "confirmation": "Thanks for subscribing" or whatever you'd want the customers to read upon submission. 

Here's an example from my test store using Debut:

Since we don't have access to you theme or backend we can't confirm that this solution would work, but, I'd suggest trying this out on a duplicated version of your theme to test the result! 

Let us know if you're having any issues getting that change to work! It might also be a good idea to contact your theme developer to include this translation or edit your code if you feel uncomfortable doing so.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 1 1