Newsletter Subscription Feature in Supply Theme

Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 7

Hello:  

I am using the Supply free theme in Shopify.  

I added the newsletter option to it so people can subscribe and receive updates from me. 
newsletter.png

Need to know how does it works when people submit their email address, where do I go to write and send emails via the newsletter to all the subscribers?  

I can't seem to find that option/information.  

I have used MailChimp for other websites before but this seems to work completely differently. 

Thanks.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9252 1179 3254

Hello, @magicalwizard 

Thanks for post.

It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @magicalwizard,

The newsletter form adds customers to your shop and marks that they opted in for email marketing.

customer-accepts-email-marketing.png

If you want to automatically add the customers who accept marketing emails to your list in Mailchimp, then you need the ShopSync app. No custom coding is required. Just connect the app to your Mailchimp account.

By the way, Shopify has recently started to roll out its own email marketing module, so soon you will be able to send newsletter straight from your Shopify admin panel.

Hope this helps,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 7
KetanKumar: Thanks for replying to my posting. Since I am just starting can not afford at the moment to pay someone for any customizations.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 7
Lucas: Went to the marketing link and says it is not available for my store yet.

Can not use theirs at this time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 7

0 Likes
Highlighted

@magicalwizard I also don't have it available yet, even though I applied for early access. Nevertheless, I heard that Shopify Email has been already activated for some shops.

For now, you could go with Mailchimp and ShopSync.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 7

Do you know how to set it up with Mailchimp?  I am trying to figure that out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Have you downloaded the Mailchimp app?  It will walk you step by step through the process 

0 Likes