Newsletter Subscription & Registration

9 0 0

Hello Everyone,

I really need your help in understanding this and to see if it is possible to achieve this.

Would appreciate if you can kindly answer the following questions as we don't seem to find answers to those anywhere.

1. Newsletter Subscription:
- Can newsletter subscription check for the email if it has already subscribed and shows error that the Email is already newsletter subscribed?

- Can successful newsletter subscription lead to sending email to the subscriber mentioning that you are subscribed to the site newsletter, Click here if you want to unsubscribe?

2. Signup Form:

- Can signup form be integrated with newsletter that once someone inputs the email and his email is subscribed to the shopify website, the website takes the user to another page that asks for password to signup completion? This activity would require the following two actions:

1. The newsletter form should take the user (redirects him) to the Account Activation page that asks for passwords.

2. And it also should send the user the account activation email to the email address given by the user..

I just need a start up on how to get this done as i am new to shopify and i am stuck here. I do know that there is a field that needs to be turned true but i have even tried that as follows in the newsletter form:

<input type="hidden" name="customer[send_email_invite]" value="true" />

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I second this. Does anybody know how to do this?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

@Kelly_Erickson wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I really need your help in understanding this and to see if it is possible to achieve this.

Would appreciate if you can kindly answer the following questions as we don't seem to find answers to those anywhere.

1. Newsletter Subscription:
- Can newsletter subscription check for the email if it has already subscribed and shows error that the Email is already newsletter subscribed?

- Can successful newsletter subscription lead to sending email to the subscriber mentioning that you are subscribed to the site newsletter, Click here if you want to unsubscribe?

2. Signup Form:

- Can signup form be integrated with newsletter that once someone inputs the email and his email is subscribed to the shopify website, the website takes the user to another page that asks for password to signup completion? This activity would require the following two actions:

1. The newsletter form should take the user (redirects him) to the Account Activation page that asks for passwords.

2. And it also should send the user the account activation email to the email address given by the user..

I just need a start up on how to get this done as i am new to shopify and i am stuck here. I do know that there is a field that needs to be turned true but i have even tried that as follows in the newsletter form:

<input type="hidden" name="customer[send_email_invite]" value="true" />

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Hi,

Did you managed to find a solution?

0 Likes