No Image With Text On Minimal Theme?

GMB
2 0 0

Hello,

So, I just switched my theme from narrative to minimal. When I customize the minimal theme and add a section, there is no option to add "image with text" (the one where you can place words directly in front of an image) like there was in narrative. How do I add the "image with text" in the minimal theme without purchasing an app? I read online and some people did similarly by editing the code in .liquid or something like that. Could someone show me how to do that?

Thanks,
Garrett.
0 Likes
Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4257 569 1058

Hi @GMB 

For that you have to create this as custom section, i dont think you can do it, because its depend on theme code.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com Or WhatsApp Or Skype: jasoliya.brijesh
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
GMB
2 0 0
Is there a way to change the theme code?
0 Likes
zowdude
2 0 0

Try copying all of the text from the hero.liquid file from the Debut theme, then, to to edit you Minimal code. Under Sections, click "Add New Section." Name the file hero.liquid. Delete the few lines of text, and paste the copied contents from hero.liquid from the Debut theme template. I tried it,  and "Image with Text overlay" became available under sections available to add.

0 Likes
Emilia1234
Excursionist
25 0 3

The image disappears if text does.  Is there a way to just have large image without text but with button?

0 Likes
Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4257 569 1058

send me store url and section name

0 Likes
Emilia1234
Excursionist
25 0 3

Emiliairis.com.  I need template for image with text overlay but it only has an option in Debut theme. When I switch to Minimal there is no such option.  My URL is currently under Debut.

0 Likes
Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4257 569 1058

Sorry but we cant copy paste any theme section to other section.

we must have to custom code it, you have to hire someone for that if you dont know code.

0 Likes