Norton Site Verification

2 0 0

I'm trying to verify my site for Norton Verfication. 

I tried adding the meta tag into the home page by adding the Norton suggested code to the theme.liquid file. I tried the placement of the code on several blank lines below the head tag and above the body tag and it's not working.

The other method Norton suggests in to upload an HTML file to the root folder. I don't know how to do that. 

Any ideas?

I was addicted to handmade soap. Then I got clean!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
529 1 57

Hey there!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

So sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble getting this up and running! We've got a guide on verifying your domain with third-party services right over here that might help - there's some things pointed out in that guide that can interfere with this verification. I'd check on the following to make sure:

• Make sure that your site is published and the password page is disabled, and
  • Ensure that the primary domain set in your admin at online store > domains is your root domain (not a subdomain).

If you've done so and it's still not working for you, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you - I'll send you out an email once I've posted this reply. If you continue to see issues, just reach back out to me there and we'll look into it!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi There, I am having similar issues on my site with both Norton and WOT. In both cases, I've added the meta tag in the right place, but am failing to verify. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, James

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Me too! Driving me crazy! Please help. 

0 Likes