Number of products displayed per page

Zac_Harvey2
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hello

I am trying to increase the number of products that appear on a page when browsing a collection. Currently it's 2 rows of 4 but I'd like it to be 3 rows of 4. I have looked in collection.liquid and tried changing the defined limit but this has no effect. Presumably because there's a pre-defined grid that's limiting it but I'm unsure how to change this. Any support would be greatly appreciated. 

I am using the Debut theme.

Thanks

Zac

Suture
Shopify Expert
648 0 105

Hi Zac

The theme customizer is context sensitive, meaning it displays different options depending on what page you're looking at.

So when you're in the theme customizer, navigate to the collection page and you'll see an option to change the number of items per row.

Zac_Harvey2
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Unbelievable! So simple. I didn't realise it was contextual. Thank you Ricky.

Javier_Barbero
2 0 0

Is there a way to have individual settings for each collection page? Changing the products per row on 1 collection modifies the setting for all of them.

0 Likes
Suture
Shopify Expert
648 0 105

You could create additional collection templates. Then assign them to other collections.

0 Likes
Donna7
2 0 0

Hi Ricky:

I am using the POP theme and I can't seem to find the collections page settings to change the number of items or number of rows.  Can you help me.

Thanks

0 Likes
Grimes
2 0 0

Hi, I currently have 8 products on display when my customers click into my collection. How do i increase the number of products shown per page? I am using the debut theme.

0 Likes
CJ87
7 0 0

I'm using the Narrative theme. How do I increase the number of rows per page after having hit the max number of rows on the grid layout slector (max 5 rows). I'd like to display all products on a single page without the customer needing to go to a second page. Thanks

0 Likes
HarisZahoor
1 0 0
  1. In the Templates directory, click collection.liquid. ( collection-template.liquid in SECTIONS )

2. In the code editor, find the following code:

{% paginate collection.products by 9 %}

In the above example, the default number of products per page is 9. This number varies theme to theme. You will need to change this number to the number of products that you'd like to show on your collection pages. Use any number you like, as long as it is not more than 50.

Some themes use a variable called limit instead of a number to determine how many products will be shown per page. If your theme uses a limit variable, the code will look like this:

{% paginate collection.products by limit %}

If your theme uses a limit variable, you will need to replace limit with a number. As above, this is the number of products that will show on each collection page, and the number must not be more than 50. Note that replacing the limit variable with a number will remove the ability to make changes to the collection pages pagination settings from the theme editor. We recommend that you not edit your theme code unless you are unable to achieve the desired number of products per page from the theme editor.

3. Click Save.

0 Likes