Is a one-page Shopify design for a single product feasible?

Reillyfitz
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey! I'm doing some market research (trying to see if people would actually buy the product) and only have one product at the moment. All of the theme designs seem to favor multiple product pages. I want a one pager type thing where the first thing people see when they come to the site is my singular product in the center of the page with a "buy" button either next to it or underneath. Is this possible? I don't want people to have to scroll at all.

Have a wonderful day,

Thank you:)

Replies 4 (4)

threed
Shopify Partner
129 17 47

Hello,

Do you just mean that you want your website to be one page, and that the homepage would be your product page? 

If you go to your theme.liquid, try inserting this code:

<!-- Home page redirect --->
<script>window.location.href= '/products/YOUR-PRODUCT-HANDLE-HERE'</script>

Replace the "YOUR-PRODUCT-HANDLE-HERE" with your product handle.

You could then alter the product page to look however you would like it to, format it so there's no scrolling. I would recommend using a different product template than a regular product so you could switch back (and delete the previous code) when you want to.

Let me know if that code works.

If I helped you, please help me by marking my comment as an accepted solution.
I am open to work and have been working with the Shopify system for several years.
Reillyfitz
Visitor
2 0 0

That almost worked so well! I put the code in as the top line (not sure if that's the right place for it), saved it, and when I went to preview the site, the URL was directed to the product page but the site wouldn't actually load. The loading wheel in my browser just kept spinning for minutes with a blank white screen (please don't judge but I'm using Microsoft Edge if that might have anything to do with it?). But again, the URL was redirected, it just didn't load the page. 

Thank you so much for trying to help!

threed
Shopify Partner
129 17 47

Hello,

I'm sorry to say that I don't know much to suggest past that.

You might want to look at this earlier thread, though: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-on-Homepage/td-p/342383 

Good luck!

If I helped you, please help me by marking my comment as an accepted solution.
I am open to work and have been working with the Shopify system for several years.

Zipacna
Excursionist
12 1 3

It's possible, not sure why'd you want no scrolling. Show me a design I can make something for you.