Online Store 2.0 and Existing Stores

djon1
1 0 1

Am I able to use the Online Store 2.0 on any existing store? Or do I have to start a new development store?

To answer my own question, it does look like a new development store is the way to go, but would like confirmation, possible.

https://shopify.dev/themes/migration

Online Store 2.0 features are available on any development store created after June 29, 2021.

For additional context, I am going to be building a blog on an existing store, and it would be great if I could use the "sections everywhere" feature. Would that mean the current store would need to be transferred to a new development store first?

Last question! If I create a new development store,  can someone confirm that it can still be transferred to a client and go into production?

I tried today to using Shopify-CLI on a development store created before 29th June and something is not working (some file synchronization fails).

I created a new development store and I was able to serve the Dawn theme.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
TomTranzistor
Shopify Partner
31 2 5

I just adapt product template (from liquid to json) on an existing store, so far is working

Let us help you - Tranzistor.tech
0 Likes