Only show options of available products

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi everyone. I have an item in my store that is available a few ways... It's fish food.  Example:

Food 1. Available in: Small, Medium, Large pellets.

Sizes of jars: Small - 60g, 120g, 240g
Medium & Large - 80g, 150g, 300

Now, when the variants load up the pricing is fine, but you can select the small jar sizes when you have medium and large selected, also you can select the medium and large sizes when a small is selected. How do I get it to ONLY show the small sizes for the small jars and the M&L for those??

Thanks in advance! (site under construction, 3 days old)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 45 87

Hi there Steve!

Don here from Shopify. :)

It sounds from what you have said here like you offer certain variants of your products only in certain options?

That is to say, you have two options for your products; pellet size and jar size, and only certain pellet sizes are available in certain jar sizes, is that all correct so far?

If you wish to only offer certain pellet sizes in certain jar sizes then you can set up the variants and options for these products to reflect this in your admin.

You can set this up in the Products menu by clicking into a given product and scrolling down to view its variants.

If you have already set up all sizes to be available in all jars then you can simply delete the variants which do not correspond to a real product (small pellets in small jars, medium and large the same).

Doing so will remove any options from the storefront that are not real products and allow your customers to only purchase the variants you have for sale.

You can edit, add and remove variants from here on the product page:

alt

If you have an existing option like pellet size that you want to create a variant for in another option like jar size; you can do so from here like so:

alt

Try putting this in place for your store and if there's any issue with this then just let us know here and we can look into this further with you.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 0 6

This should help to make sure that the right items show as sold out or disappear for you:

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/variants/link-product-options-in-menus

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Linked Options do not work with the new theme supposedly... I am going to fidget with it and try to accomplish this:

When your store's visitors make a selection in the first drop-down, you want the values in the second drop-down right below to be updated to list only those values that are available in combination with their first selection.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Yes it's really working 100% !!

0 Likes