Open external link from my footer menu in a new tab

Stylechilde
8 0 0

I placed $('a[href="https://gms_summerfundraiser.eventbrite.com"]').setAttribute('target','_blank') into the theme.liquid: file. But it din't work.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1964 296 777

If you'd like I can request access to your store and make the change for you, not sure what you've got going on.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Stylechilde
8 0 0

Ok, how do I give you access?

I have two places to work on. The main menu ticket link should open in a new tab.

I also have some external links in my footer menu. I am not sure how to make sure those open in a new tab...

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1964 296 777

I requested access to your themes. You should receive an email with the email you have associated with the account to approve or deny my request.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1964 296 777

What links in the footer do you want to lead to a blank tab?

0 Likes
Stylechilde
8 0 0

Quick links. These should all open in a new tab.

And the top menu - BUY A TICKET - should open in a new tab also.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1964 296 777

Alright they all open in a new tab now.

0 Likes
Stylechilde
8 0 0

So I tried them, and they don't work. 

Also - the top bar header now shows the Eventbrite link. I do not want this in the header area at all.

I tried them on a few browsers to make sure and each one is not working.

Thanks for trying... Please remove the link in the header as it is not working properly.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1964 296 777

If you'll look you'll see I made a duplicate theme. You'll need to preview that one to see the changes. Then publish it when you know it's what you want. And the link thing in the header is your doing, you didn't put it inside script tags. I haven't touched your live theme, I did however remove it in the duplicate.

Stylechilde
8 0 0

Ninthony - you did a great job! Thank you!!

How can I find you online - do you have a portfolio website? Thank you for all the help.

0 Likes