Order printer to print from drafts.

2 0 5

We are a B2B and most of our customers require a formal quote in order to issue a Purchase Order. we would like to be able to create a draft order and print a quote with order printer. Then when we receive the PO we can mark it as pending. Any ideas, apps or suggestions are welcome.

5 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

Mike,

I am also in the same boat as you as our B2B customers don't want to hit the complete order button and then have to go through the checkout process.  It would be very idea if the complete order button just went to a PDF invoice, but also included a PDF quote in the email.

Anyone?

1 Like
1 0 0

Hey Mike & Rob!

Did you figure out a work around for this?

Definitely essential for work-flow on our side too. Let me know if you figured out a solution on your side...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

Neil,

Haven't figured out a solution yet, but Shopify is just now working on Draft Order API (in Beta stage at this point), but that should be a game changer for this issue.  If anyone out there is the first to take advantage of the new API, please reply and I'll be the first to download your app :)

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

+ 5 stars. Should be a really added avalue to allow my team to print a draft order to allow them to sent "quotation/estimat" like documents.

Very important for our Interior Design business.

Hope to get feedbck quickly ;-)

0 Likes
1 0 2

Hello

we are using a templates with PRINT WITH ORDER PRINTER. Everything works great, but the only thing we are missing is to print a DRAFT to send to our customer in advance… The draft can change many time before the project become a order… We are working for architects, interior designer and more…

Has anyone a solution for it?

2 Likes
1 0 1

Any updates on this? We also require this functionality. We are having to generate quotes manually at the moment since we have to convert the draft to a live invoice in order to convert to PDF. Ridiculous.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

Dear Friends,

I just found a solution on this using the "Order Printer Emailer" app.

It's very easy to configure and you can insert a PDF in your e-mail with the print of a draft order.

It's not a definitive solution but coul help until a solution on order-printer comes.

Jose Bicalho

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

Care to share your solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Any updates on this issue? It's a big problem in our workflow currently. 

We sell online of course, but also do a large wholesale business selling to boutiques and department stores. I'm trying as much as possible to continue using Shopify as the single source of truth / single tool for inventory management and orders, but right now have to do a lot of manual recreation of draft orders in MS Word or Excel in order to issue a proforma. 

1 Like