Hi, you need a tracking app.
I recommend TrackingMore Shopify app for the below reason:
1) It automatically generates a tracking page for you.
2) The tracking page can be customized.
3) The strings on the tracking page can be translated or revised.
Yes, you can use the Shipment Tracking & Notify app. The app helps you create a branded "Track Your Order" page for your customers within your Shopify store. The app also helps to with:
Sending Order Tracking Email notifications to your customers using your own business email and not using any external source.
Real-time order tracking updates on your admin dashboard
The Multi Carrier Shipping label app can be used to for custom tracking. With a little tweak in the system, this can be achieved. However,i would like to which service are you using to ship if not USPS, FedEx, dHL?
I'd strongly recommend ShippingChimp.com. They track almost 30+ shipping carriers across the globe and ingrates with almost every other CRM, order management systems. You will get a custom order tracking URL, you can put that in your footer or wherever relevant. You can customize the tracking page just like that by simple drag and drop widgets.
ShippingChimp help you to
1. Track all your packages in real-time
2. Send notifications for delivery updates and failed attempts
3. Manage returns, delivery issues
4. Your customers can track all order by entering email Id and or order ID ( Tracking page design will be matching with your store theme)
Pros: Customer support team is friendly and flexible, they help us with custom reports and integrations
Cons: Not a free tool but starts with $9 I guess ( Please refer their pricing page)