Out of Stock/Pre-Order/Sold-Out

1 0 1

Hello all... First post here.  I am utilizing the Venture theme for our shop (warriorgear.shop) and have been looking for the solution for sales of "out of stock" or "pre-Order" items.  We do not want to stop orders for products simply based on "on-hand" quantities as there are some things that we will continue to offer over a longer period of time compared to others.  In looking through the code for the various pages and sections  (product-template.liquid, product.liquid) and I find that there are references to what I am looking for:

<div class="product-form__item product-form__item--submit">
<button type="submit"
name="add"
id="AddToCart-{{ section.id }}"
class="btn btn--full product-form__cart-submit{% unless current_variant.available %} btn--sold-out{% endunless %}{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} btn--secondary-accent{% endif %}"
{% unless current_variant.available %}disabled="disabled"{% endunless %}>
<span id="AddToCartText-{{ section.id }}">
{% unless current_variant.available %}
{{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
{% else %}
{{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t }}
{% endunless %}
</span>
</button>
{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %}
{{ form | payment_button }}
{% endif %}
</div>

and the product.liquid:

<script>
// Override default values of shop.strings for each template.
// Alternate product templates can change values of
// add to cart button, sold out, and unavailable states here.
window.productStrings = {
addToCart: {{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t | json }},
soldOut: {{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t | json }},
unavailable: {{ 'products.product.unavailable' | t | json }}
}
</script>

(emphasis mine)

But for the life of me I can't seem to make any of that work.

- Where is the data that gets loaded into the products.liquid products.product.sold_out container? And, how do you modify that?

I am simply looking to implement that if a products inventory level is ) (zero) then allow the purchase but use a "pre-Order" button and possibly ADD text that states the item is on "back-order" and will ship as soon as new stock arrives.

Yes, I'm a newb to liquid but this seems to be right in line with the older methods I've used (vbscript/java/etc).

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Tourist
4 0 2

I'm having a similar issue. I'm using the Narrative theme.

I contacted Shopify Support but they recommended that I buy an app.

I would prefer implementing the solution natively in the theme. Commenting in the hopes that someone from the support team will respond with the solution.

Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Any solution on this? I'm using a new theme and for some reason some of the product are set only to "Currently unavailable". Not sure what is causing it. My old Venture theme didn't have that issue. 

Tourist
3 0 0

same issue

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hey! So I'm guessing everyone else probably solved this already as have I. The issue may not be the same for you, but the theme I was using wouldn't allow you to use apostrophes in your variants... So I have size options that used inches, ". So I took the " out after each variant and just put Size (In inches) in the option title. This fixed it for me! The product was available after that. 

Hope this helps! Good luck! If not, I would check with who developed your theme. 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Has anyone figured this out for the Venture theme yet? I'm looking to do exactly what was

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

I think I might have found the solution. Sorry, its getting late, so I'll just paste the before & after screenshots here. Hope it works for you!

jzt82_0-1606924311487.pngjzt82_1-1606924324559.png

0 Likes