PLEASE HELP: Removing Grey Collection Border in Supply Theme

4 0 0

Hi there, 

Any advice on:

• Removing the light grey borders from supply theme collection lists on the home page and also on the collection list page? 
  • Changing the 'Shop for' text to something else?  (Pics attached as links)

Have read every previous forum post on this and can't find an answer! 

Any help appreciated :) 

Thanks!  

https://imgur.com/mSNmOvD

https://imgur.com/tneOLh5

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 67

Hey, Marcus!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

No problem at all! One thing that you can do to remove that border is go in your theme customization options in your admin at online store > theme and clicking on the customize button. In the next screen, select theme settings > colors; there, you'll have the option to remove the borders - just select the color for the border, and then the 'none' option:

There is still a shaded area around the images for those collections; however, this will be invisible if you choose an intense color, such as white, black or red for your background color - here's a video illustrating that effect! If those options don't match the color scheme that you'd like to see in your site, just let me know - it's always a possibility to reach out to our Themes team for help in customizing that theme to get it looking just as you'd like. 

To alter the text that you see there, or remove it entirely, you can access this via the language settings! From that theme customization screen, click on the actions button in the lower left and select edit languages. On the next screen, you'll have a menu across the top with various parts of your theme - select homepage, and the heading option will be the first field that you see there:

Hit the save button once you've made those changes, and that heading will now appear however you'd prefer!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for your response! Changing the homepage titles worked a charm however I'm still having an issue with the shading appearing around the photos - I want to remove the shading entirely - do you know which part of code I need to edit to do this?

Thanks, 

Marcus 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 67

Hey, Marcus!

No problem at all, we're here to help!  Removing the border and shading overlay will require a little bit of coding expertise, so we can reach out to our Themes team to get this done for you.  Once I've posted this response, I'll reach out to you in an email - if you can respond to me there, we'll reach out to the team to get this done for you straight away!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 1 6

Did you ever get a solution to this? I'm also having issues with adding a collection list, with 2 collections, to my homepage. The images don't properly fill the boxes, and if I remove the border I can still see the grey box on the sides of the image. I would like to either get these images to fit inside the border, or to remove the gray background when there is no border. Help please!?

remove_gray_background.PNGimage_fill_box.PNG

0 Likes
2 0 0

I'm also waiting to remove the grey borders around my collections on my homepage.

My website is www.modestmounts.com.au

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

in your theme.cssc find the following 

.featured-box 

.featured-box--inner

.featured-box--image

.featured-box--title {

Set the where you see $gutter/2 to 0

like so (but for each of the featurebox areas)

.featured-box {
position: relative;
display: block;
padding: 0;
border: 0px solid $colorBorder;
margin-bottom: $gutter/0;

0 Likes