Page titles showing only on certain pages

Tourist
9 0 2

I'm not sure why or how this is happening, but certain pages in my Shopify store are showing the full page title (as in, the SEO page title) as the heading. I'm trying to remove it so it is just the basic title, but I can't figure out where to do this. It doesn't appear to be a setting in theme customization, and the title doesn't show when I go to edit the page content itself. I'm using the Providence theme.

Here's an example: our "about" page is simply called "About." The SEO page title is "About Real Sliding Hardware | Barn Door Manufacturer," which is showing at the top of the page. Here's a link, password is "wedeux." Another example.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd appreciate the help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
174 13 21

Hi, @rejina

Thank you for reaching out about this. Have you manually edited the SEO titles of your products, pages, and collections? Each of these have an SEO section at the bottom of their page in your Shopify admin, where you can edit this information. For example, if you navigate to Online Store > Pages > Select a page, and scroll down to the section titled "Search engine listing preview", you can click on "edit website SEO" and change the page title there. I recommend checking out this help doc, which walks you through editing those as well. 

Have you submitted your sitemap to Google? Submitting your sitemap will also help internet browsers pull the correct SEO information from your store. If you've already updated the SEO information and submitted your sitemap, but still seem to see the wrong results in the tab, you may need to have Google re-crawl your website (this is done through your Google Search Console). According to Google, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for the search engine to crawl your store's most recent information. Let me know if you have any questions about that! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes