Palo Alto theme - Change 'Sale' sign to 'Save'

Solved
Highlighted
3 1 0

Hi there, I want to change the red circle of text that appears on the product image of discounted items from 'sale' to 'save'. I feel like this should be possible with a tiny change to the code but I just don't know how to do it! I had a quick look but I couldn't find the relevant section of code and I'm not very experienced in this area so reaching out to the community for guidance instead

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 95 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @k24,

Hank here from Shopify.

There may be a few ways to do this including some editing to the theme code, but I will share some possible ways for you to change this within your store.

While there is always the option to ask your theme developer to do this, sometimes these changes can be done even without the editing of the code.

Within the admin, you can change the language of your store. This can be done by going to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Language. On this page, you can click the products tab and you can change the wording of the way some of your products are listed. Another way to do this is instead of clicking the tab at the top, you can search for a specific term. In my test store, I searched for sale and it brought me to the corresponding fields that I can edit, and save to make the changes.

02-27-6p4x2-3q8ol

Additionally, if you share your store URL then hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you as well.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Perfect, I was able to do this through languages - thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 95 136

That is awesome to hear, you are very welcome!

Do reach back out to us if you need anything, stay safe, and have an awesome day!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes