Password Page Configuration

Highlighted
2 0 2

Greetings,

I am in the process of tweaking the Password page on a clients development store. The problem I am running into is the “message for your visitors” section. I have attempted to edit this section under preferences>password protection>A message for your visitors, as well as the code in the password-content.liquid file. I have attempted to change & remove the message to no avail. The message I want to change/remove reads "A short sentence describing what someone will receive by subscribing"

We are currently using the free theme 'Debut'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

SOLVED: I was able to successfully edit this section of the password page in the actual site editor>customize>password page>subheading.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

I don't see a subheading. Been looking for the past one hour to remove this line. Please advise. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 6

You may have found a solution to this by now but as I had been confusing myself over the same question I will add a longer version of the original poster's answer here. I had found the option to change the message to customers under Online Store- Preferences but not how to get rid of the default sentence  over the newsletter sign up.

In the same Debut theme mentioned above if you go into Online Store and Customize theme you will see an option for a drop down menu just to the right of where the theme name is. From this you can select Password Page then Content (a subheading) and change the wording for the newsletter sign up there or choose not to show it at all. 

6 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for sharing this. I was indeed able to find the answer but I am sure it will help other shopify users. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks AOD1. A picture said a thousand words!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you so much 

0 Likes