Why isn't my custom password page publishing?

rachbot
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all - 

My password page is not publishing. I am working on a website for a client and trying to have a custom password page up while I work on it. 

I am using the Debut theme just for the password page, but even when I have used other themes it doesn't seem to work. I customize the page in the theme, have it all ready to go, but when I go to the website, it is still the default Shopify password page. 

See here: www.lovelizajane.com

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Replies 4 (4)

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

Hi @rachbot 

Try this

https://www.shopify.com.au/partners/blog/customize-shopify-password-pages-with-the-password-liquid-t...

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

htea
Shopify Partner
16 0 11

Shopify has told me that customizing the password page is only available on paid plans, not development stores.  That is absolutely useless. It means as Partners, we cannot support store owners with a branded page to collect interested customer emails as we build their stores. This greatly reduces their chances of having a successful product launch. 

Haggis4298
Excursionist
16 0 5

That is insane. 

I've just stumbled across this issue and it's actually just another reason to leave the Shopify platform altogether. 

What you said about successful launches is so true and is something Shopify don't seem to care about, although they should. 

I swear it's Shopify's business model to alienate as many of their clients as they possibly can. They're exceptionally proficient in that. 

TechTahquetta
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Has a work around to this issue been found?