Payment method selection customization

4 0 0

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I came to the right place for the question

I'm preparing for my Shopify store and there is the payment selection of an existing shop that really caught my attention.

Shopify payment selection.png

Sorry for not in English but I've put the translation in the red, and my questions are in the black. Anyway, I want to have the same selection like this merchant does. The one time payment, installment plan, American Express.. etc all separated. I think it's more convenient and clear for customers to choose the way to pay. Also, I'd like to know how to change the texts shown in the red frame. 

There are my two questions. I don't have technical background but if there is any materials that would work for such the function, I can have my partner to look at it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1142 93 139

please share a store url to help a better assist

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey Perennial,

Thanks for the reply.

Link:

https://www.citiesocial.com/2540393/checkouts/186dd8d143b5012c2aaf04d66488aa66

It's in Chinese and I've translated the asterisk fields.

citisocial.png

Much Appreciated!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2498 171 376

Hi @livic,

Nick here from Shopify. 

From what it looks like, where you say it says "One-time payment" and "Installment plan" I'm thinking the store owner has installed an app for payment plans here and would guess this is where they can alter the text in that part. This is also how they would have so many fields in the payment gateway part of the checkout as the checkout is something that cannot be edited if they were using a Shopify store. 

If I was in your shoes I would maybe reach out to the store directly to ask them about it and take a look at the Shopify app store for some payment plan/ recurring order apps. You can find a couple of the ones I like below: 

I hope this helps and points you in the right direction for the best next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi, Nick 

Thanks for your answer. 

Now, I'm wondering if there is a chance that the Shop is a Shopify Plus partner since they've run the site for many years and seems to be selling in a high volume. If it is the case, will they be able to edit the checkout like this? Maybe more access for advanced app?

By the way, I'm pretty sure they're using Shopify and you see that once you finish the checkout process. Thanks!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2498 171 376

Hi @livic,

No problem at all. That's exactly it, you would only be able to edit the checkout in any way if you were on the Shopify Plus plan. You can see the help guide Shopify made about the checkout.liquid file here. This would be the only way to edit the checkout, there wouldn't be any apps that allow access to make any edits in this instance. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes