Paypal Express Checkout Not Responding

2 0 0

I have "Buy With PayPal" button on my store for faster checkout:

PEC__.JPG

Problem is, whenever I press it, nothing happens. If I delete all browser cache from my browser, then it works only the first time I press it.

If I try to use the button the second time, it's still unresponsive. This happens on all the devices I have tested the website on.

Also I noticed the button flickers 2-3 times right after I refresh the page.

Could you help?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
461 55 77

Hey, @cleanlint!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Paypal Express button, it does seem like it is a cache issue but I am happy to test it on my end and see how it goes. Can you share your store URL, please? What theme are you using at the moment? Was the Paypal express button always like this or is it something you only noticed recently? Would you mind sending a video of how the storefront is behaving on your end with the Paypal Express button so I can take a look? You can use a third party application something like Screencast-O-Matic to do this. Once I can see where in your storefront this is showing, we can look at possible causes and help you resolve it.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you for the reply Lulu.

It's cleanlint.com/products/cleanlint

I am using "Simple" theme.

I don't think that this was an issue in the past, although I am not certain (the store is quite new). I did notice a few days ago that buy now button would disappear and reappear couple of times when the page loaded - like shown in the video below.

Please find the attached video

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
461 55 77

Hi, @cleanlint.

Thank you for getting back to me with that video. I have tested it and it is the same on my end. Have you edited the code or added any apps? I will need to go into your store admin and have a look at the theme and to see if it is happening on a fresh Shopify theme with no customisations or apps added. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer team and loop in the theme's team if needed.

Thank you,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes