Paypal express Checkout

Solved
Tourist
4 0 0

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the Paypal Express Checkout button , i want all the payment options to show up not only paypal
Thanks 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
324 9 35

Hi, @Galal_Daba 

Elle here from Shopify!

If you're looking to remove the PayPal button entirely from the first page of the checkout as well as on the cart page, there are two steps you must take. The first step involves moving the PayPal button from the first page of the checkout to the cart page. The second step involves hiding the PayPal button on the cart page with some CSS.

To move the PayPal button from the first page of the checkout to the cart page, you can follow this guide here.

Once the PayPal button is visible on the cart page, you can place the following code at the bottom of the theme.scss.liquid template file to hide it: 

.additional-checkout-buttons {
    display: none;
}

All payment options will still be listed at the final stage of the checkout like so: 

17-14-fvw17-pw7ng

If you would like additional payment icons to appear on your store's cart page, they will need to be added to your theme's code. If you're using a free Shopify theme, our design team can make this change for you. Let me know if this interests you and I will reach out to you directly. 

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Dear Elle,

I am also looking to remove the Express Checkout Paypal button from my Checkout Screen.  I am not a developer, but I followed your instructions.

I followed the first step to add the Paypal button to the cart and the Express Checkout Paypal button has been removed from my Checkout screen.  The Paypal button now appears at the bottom of my Cart screen, as expected.

I then went to the theme.liquid and added the following right at the bottom of all the code.:   .additional-checkout-buttons {display: none;}

The Paypal button still appears at the bottom of the Cart Page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Demetri

0 Likes
2 0 0

Dear Elle,

I managed to resolve this.  Your solution works perfectly.

Thanks,

Demetri

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
324 9 35

Hi, @Demetri_Manias 

I'm happy to hear you were able to get this resolved!

Our support is here to help 24/7 if you ever have any questions.

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
10 0 0

I follow this instruction but not a success. help me please? i use venture theme.

0 Likes