Personal facebook profile showing up on order confirmation page

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

so I have a shop fb page, which is managed under my personal fb account.  how can I change this to my shop profile, or if not possible, remove it completely?  don't understand why this is showing up on order confirmation, especially with a message "not you?" with my profile showing to the customer.  clearly that's not the customer.  super confusing if I'm the customer, or even scary.

inlander_1-1594510411806.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hello @inlander

Ren here from the Shopify support team, hoping to offer some clarity for you. 

Did you navigate to this customers order confirmation page and take the screenshot? If so, it's likely that it is offering Messenger updates by pulling the information from the Facebook page of the person logged in. Did you have your Facebook opened in another browser? This is likely why you are seeing yourself. When you customer views this page, it will offer your customer Messenger updates based on the information being pulled by whatever account is logged in on their computer (likely they will be). Does that makes sense? 

If I don't quite have that right, or something else seems to be going on here please let me know and we can certainly take a closer look at this for you. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

hi @Ren7 thanks for the response.  the screenshot was grabbed from one of the session recording apps.  I was horrified when I saw my facebook profile appeared on the order confirmation page.  Hope we can fix this soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hi @inlander

Can you clarify what the session recording app is? In this case do you mean that the customers session was being recorded and this is what you saw from their perspective? Any additional details or screenshots would be helpful!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

@Ren7 it's the Better Replay app.  I saw my profile show up on two checkouts today.  thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

@inlander

Thanks for the details of the app. I've gone ahead and sent you a secure email to get the ball rolling on authenticating you so we can take a closer look at this issue. Please follow the directions outlined in your reply and we can proceed from there. 

0 Likes