Personalized Short Description

Highlighted
Tourist
28 0 0

What I'd like to make is to make the short description into a personalized one, that I can insert for each product, giving it. some " flavor", because let's be real, the first text are what people read after all...

At the moment, in product.liquid I have this code:

<div class="product-description rte" itemprop="description">
          {{ product.description | strip_html | truncatewords: 50 }} 
        </div>

who calls up the first 50 words of the product description. How do I go and make it so it gives me the opportunity to write specific stuff, and where would I write them? I kinda don't want it to re-write what's already written into the product description under, but want to give other text, specific to the product... so a new "field" so to say.

Hope to hear some answer from this awesome community

scheda prodotto trascrizione short.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
414 44 62

Hi @MorganPub ,

So you want to have a unique description for each product. Right? Then you don't need to edit any code. Just go to your store admin > Products > select the product you want to give a unique description and click on it. You'll see a description box, just enter whatever description you want for that specific product. That's it. Let me know if you want anything else.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gamil.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
28 0 0

hello @UmairA 

That's it but not it. The part circled is a byproduct of 50 words of the description that I can add with the way you said. What I want to do is make the "short description" an unique one for each product.

0 Likes