Photos for products

Solved
TRCollectivin
2 0 0

Hello

We've got multiple photos uploaded for each product, which works great on the individual product pages. 

However, on the main retail page (multiple product tiles), when you hover over a product, it shows some of the secondary images, but we want to only display the PRIMARY photo. Is there a way of turning off the hover response on the images so that the only photo showing on the main multiple products page is the first photo?

Thanks
Toby (collectivino.com)

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2810 176 472

Dear @TRCollectivin 

Not able see the your store as it is password protected

0 Likes
TRCollectivin
2 0 0
Password: organic
0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1058 120 236

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @TRCollectivin 

Depending on the third-party theme that you are using, they may have a built-in toggle to disable or enable the second variant image from appearing on hover. You will want to head over into your theme editor (Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize) to find it. Look for the 'Product Grid' area to edit and you may have an option to deselect "Show second image on hover". This is the setting that if you have more than one image for a product you can choose to display the second image when the user hovers their mouse over a grid image.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog