Photos on brooklyn theme in 'featured collection' dont fit in the box and showing grey sides

Aboudz
Excursionist
21 0 5

Hi

the photos in the brooklyn theme, in the 'featured collection' part, dont fit in the boxes designated to them. i have tried to change the image sizes multiple times but there always seem to be grey area from the height and width of the box. please help

thanks

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2248 375 502

Hi @Aboudz 

Would you mind sharing your store's preview URL so we can assist on that? Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
0 Likes
Aboudz
Excursionist
21 0 5

Thank you for your response. I will attach a screenshot of the problem

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 18.10.51.png

I also would like both photos to have the same size and equal distance between each other

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 18.12.20.png

0 Likes
Alex_mcl
Shopify Partner
23 5 10

You probably have the 'Collage' setting enabled in the customiser, which will be the reason why there is the grey border around the images. But to make sure the images are consistent you need to pair the 'Grid' style with images of the same dimensions.

A problem here is the size and aspect ratio of the photos themselves. You need photos that are the same size and dimensions, they will then display the same and fit into the section correctly. It looks more visually appealing to have consistency within your images, which improves the users experience of your site.

www.mcleancreative.co.uk
0 Likes
Aboudz
Excursionist
21 0 5

I actually need it to be collage style. i only have 2 products so with grid style there will be alot of dead space next to the product.

I managed to make the backgroud colour of the product White, instead of grey so thats good. Now the issue is how to have bigger images with equal size

0 Likes
Alex_mcl
Shopify Partner
23 5 10

Can you give me your URL so I can have a look at how best to approach your problem please. 

If your site is password protected can you please provide your password so I can view it.

Thanks

Alex

www.mcleancreative.co.uk
0 Likes