Picking a New Theme Recommendations

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm throwing myself at the generous feet of better minds than myself to find a better theme for our store.  I've shopped the theme store trying to find the right balance for what our store needs, and I believe the community and do a better job making recommendations than I can.  We are trying to attract larger resellers and distributors, so we need a more distinctive, stylish image.   Our most scathing feedback has been: this looks like an alibaba knock off.  

Right now this is our store: www.poetexas.com

Key Features: We are an electronics hardware reseller.  We have Amazon and Newegg stores, but our direct sales are increasing steadily.  We have a lot of different products.  We sell about 80% B to B.  

Key Needs: We need a strong, stylish landing page that doesn't look/feel to "store front like".  I'm hoping for a large image gallery followed by links to subpages that are informational/collections.  Maybe like this?Landing Page Mock Up.jpg

We also need to have good blog/learning center navigation for interactive blogs and videos.

Learning Center.jpg

And technical center for interactive online manuals.Tech center.png

We'll need customizable, image driven collections of different products.

Do y'all have any suggestions for themes we should look at?

Tyler

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
289 22 34

I have to say, your store runs pretty smooth.  For the number of apps running, and extra code the load time is amazing.  

I am a fan of Turbo (https://outofthesandbox.com/collections/turbo-theme) myself if your looking for a feature rich and smooth theme, but based on what your site does now I am curious why you are looking to change.  It runs really smoothly.  Is there any specific features you are looking for that this theme does not offer?  Might be better to just get them coded in and keep the current theme cause it looks like it is doing well.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
1 Like
Shopify Partner
1734 48 156

@TylerPOE wrote:

We are trying to attract larger resellers and distributors, so we need a more distinctive, stylish image. 

Our most scathing feedback has been: this looks like an alibaba knock off.  

Those statements combined indicate it's time to get a $$$ bespoke theme designed & developed and revisit your branding as a system|policy.

With just an off the shelf themes that gets logos and colors applied to it you will probably hit the same problem again and again. 

@Misfit_Code_Dev pointed out a lot of good things the current theme already has going on .

Separated,

"attract larger resellers and distributors"  makes is seem like you just need to improve communication for wholesale, or support for scale?

"this looks like an alibaba knock off. "  so? That's highly subjective feedback to let force change, business&money wise people loooove Alibaba.

Though yes brand wise lack of distinction is a problem.

At minimum i'd recommend putting in place a/b testing , or doing discovery , mainly because of clues in the key needs list: the examples vary wildly in layout and "hope" as an expectation.

That way you have a process in place for experimenting with themes|landing-pages and that can dial in specifics as needs change too.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like