Please I need help to create a New arrivals Collection

Highlighted
1 0 2

Hello everyone, Please I need help on how to create a collection that will show only products that are added to the store, immediately they are added. I'm using Ella Theme. Can someone help me please!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 40

Hi, Victor!

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help.

The easiest way for you to do this, would be to create an automatic collection that pulls products by their tag, where you could be sure to add a specific tag to the new product when you add it into your store. For example, you could make the tag titled "New," and the automated collection would automatically add the new product to the collection.

When you create your new collection, you will need to make sure that you set the Collection type like this:

Once you have that set up, when you add products into your store, just ensure to add a tag to them that is called "New" so they all go in there. We have step-by-step instructions on tagging products, here.

After you decide to remove the products from the "new" collection, simply go to the products and remove the "New" tag. Other products with this tag will remain in the collection.

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Is there a more efficient method? Would it be possible to use a link given from the search of most recent under all products?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7

I would like to know that as well. Tagging is not what I (and many others) need in this case.

We need it to be automatic -- The "New arrivals" collection showing all the new products that were added within last X days, and will automatically be excluded from the collection when the specified amount of days (since submission) have passed. Then they would be "normal" products only remaining in their appropriate collections/categories.

It amazes me that this extremely vital feature doesn't exist by default! :O

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
88 3 10

Hello all, I think our app Advanced Collections - https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-custom-collections - can help.

You can create a collection that includes / excludes products which are within a certain number of days from its created / published / updated date, and it syncs automatically when you add / update a product to your shop, as well as every day. It is just like any other Shopify collections which you can add to your navigation / apply discount codes to.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
129 27 31

For anyone still looking for a solution for this problem, we recently created an app that automatically adds products to a "new arrivals" collection and remove them after X days.

You can try it out for free: https://apps.shopify.com/newr

Also, feel free to message me in private if there's any questions.

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr