Plus customising checkout.liquid

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

I want to add a couple of additional questions to our plus checkout. I've added the question and styled it in a 'section', and added that section to our checkout.liquid file. I've not linked it through or checked its worked or anything yet as the next step I want is to make it appear in a sensible place.

At the moment it's below the continuation button (the footer if you will) and I'd like it to appear below the existing questions and, more importantly, only in the Delivery Method step, rather than on every step. 

I'm guessing this is pretty difficult to do?

Thanks for the help, Chris.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9780 86 1531

If you're looking at the checkout template you'll see some clear places for the header and footer, but the contents of the fields or step buttons are within the content drop.

So if you're going to inject content into the form you'll be doing that with JavaScript. You'll be able to detect the step you're on with JS and choose to add the content you need. Be sure to persist the question values through the entire checkout as you'll find they won't stick.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply, that pretty much answers what I need to do, I suppose that leads onto how is best? For example finding the position in the checkout with Javascript, are there any useful resources to read on the best approach?

Thanks again, Chris.

0 Likes