Podcast listing on a Shopify site?

Explorer
170 0 10

Hello everyone,

I'm starting a podcats that will be named after my company, Datsusara. I'm thinking that rather than make a whole new website and since it is realted to my company that pehaps I could use the blog area to be a podcast area and then just have a reffering web link to find it like www.dspodcast.com goes to my shopify site at www.dsgear.com/blogs/dspodcast . Seems to me like the blog ofrmat pages would work well enough for this, what do y'all think?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 0 14

Hi Christopher, 

Kyle here from Shopify.

Using your blog as an area to post your podcasts is a great idea. In case you didn't know, you can embed soundbites that are hosted elsewhere and post them to Shopify by using the 'insert video button' to embed the soundbite. 

For example, you could use something like SoundCloud to host your podcasts which you could then upload into a page or blog post on Shopify. The best part, your customers/listeners would be able to listen to your podcast without ever leaving your site. 

Your Guru,
​Kyle

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1346 22 208

Yes, SoundCloud can be a great solution. They have a nice API that will allow you to modify the look and feel of the player. You can enbed that in your blog pages.

Have a look at the widget API https://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/api/html5-widget

https://sections.design tips, tricks & Shopify sections
0 Likes
Explorer
170 0 10

Excellent to hear this, thank you both, I was considering SoundsCloud and it looks like that's the way to go. Much apprecieted.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Christopher - I noticed that you started podcasting on your site - great job - just wanted to see how you like the plug in you are using and any glitches/things you do not like about it - was it easy to connect withy our Shopify store?  I don't see it available in the Shopify ap store.  Thanks

0 Likes
Explorer
170 0 10

Melissa, Thanks and I just used the built in blog tghen added some code along with using libsyn's player option that they give you when you use the service for podcast distribution. It wasn't too tough, and libsyn works well.

0 Likes
1 0 0

What was the code you had to add in? I'm looking into doing this for myself as well and being able to build it into Shopify directly would be amazing.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
12 0 3

You just gte the embed code form libsyn or any service and then use the insert video tag on your page, paste the embed code (starts with iframe...)  and you'll get the player all good to go. Let me know if you need help figuring it out. Hard to explian.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Does this method avoid the max file size limit?  Thanks!

0 Likes