Poor image quality in Debut but perfect in Minimal!

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi. This is my first post on here. I'm a novice when it comes to both Shopify and coding so please bear with me.

Anyway, I just can’t seem to get good quality product images in Debut theme. I’m viewing them on a retina display but I’m pretty sure my images are saved correctly because, and here’s the interesting thing, they display perfectly on the Minimal theme. It seems like they’re being compressed by Shopify on some themes. But why, and is there anything I can do about it? Surely if images can be displayed properly on the Minimal theme, they can also display correctly on Debut. The problem applies to both the small grid product shots (collections) and the larger images on the individual product pages.

I had a similar issue with the main image banner which looked great on my retina display laptop but dreadful on handheld devices. A Shopify Guru was able to help me resolve that issue by modifying the hero.liquid coding, changing the img_url settings to ‘2000x2000’. They couldn’t however help me with the problem above.

Would be grateful for any feedback!

Thanks in advance.

1 Like