Poor image quality

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi all

I am having problems with getting my images to a good enough quality on my homepage slideshow.

When looking through desktop the image quality has a blur to it but on mobile it looks pretty good.

I have followed a couple of tutorials about saving for web and compressing the image but I can't seem to crack it, am I missing something small at the start?

I like to use picmonkey to create my image and then when I open in photoshop it is of a high quality but as soon as I add it to the site it looks rubbish.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

Helen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
686 101 221
Could be a number of things but most likely Shopify’s automatic image compression (which you can disable with some code changes).
Post your URL so we can see exactly what’s going on.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello ,

Your image is small in size so it looks blur.

you can set different images for mobile and desktop by customizing theme.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Thank you

Im a little confused how it is small, I've made it the dimensions that the theme suggests for the slideshow, and followed instructions on how to compress etc and not making it too big.

Where am I able to set different images for mobile and desktop? and how do I make the image the correct size so there is no blur?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Thank you Jon

www.deedeeboo.co.uk

Really appreciate your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
102 11 30

Hi @helendeedee ,

This could be that from the code it is requesting as 

{{ image.src | img_url: 'medium' }}

or 

{{ image.src | img_url: '470' }}

As your website is requires 600x image. Try replaying the img_url as 600x

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

@jayanetty Thank you for your help

I have tried to find that html but I cant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
102 11 30
@helendeedee,

Can you add me as staff. I could help you out. rushjayz@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

@jayanetty  Done, thank you :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
102 11 30

Hi @helendeedee,

Sorry, we cannot define the image sizes of the slider due to the way it has been developed. Due to this no matter what screen size you are, only this single image variant will be delivered. I also will recommend you to upload images with higher quality. This could resolve the blurriness. You could also build a better slider to upload the images to fit both mobile and desktop for the specific images will be delivered.

Thanks

0 Likes