Pre-order products with Envy theme

JacquiTrumpet
3 0 0

Hi all, 

I am trying to set up a pre-order product template, to sell items that will be in stock soon. 

I have tried following this tutorial, but this theme seems to be set up differently. https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-pages-Allow-pre-orders-for-products/m-p/62591... 

When I create a new product template, it has only 5 lines of code in it, just telling you the contents of that file can be found in the sections file. 

I have tried creating a new sections file, copying the code from the existing one, and changing the "addtocart' to 'pre-order' but it doesnt do anything. 

Can someone please help me figure this out? Thank you!

0 Likes
NerdCurator
Shopify Partner
240 48 75

@JacquiTrumpet Please provide the URL of your store and if it is password protected please share the password too. Thanks

Believes in delivering optimizing web solutions | Shopify Partner | Working as a web developer for last 8+ years.
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me: info@nerdcurator.com
0 Likes
JacquiTrumpet
3 0 0

https://www.shopblackbird.nz/

PASSWORD Blackbird2021

Thanks

0 Likes
NerdCurator
Shopify Partner
240 48 75

@JacquiTrumpet For checking the issue, I need to access the backend of your store via my Shopify Partner account. Let me know if you are comfortable in giving access so I can request for it. Thanks

Believes in delivering optimizing web solutions | Shopify Partner | Working as a web developer for last 8+ years.
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me: info@nerdcurator.com
0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
697 71 124

Hi @JacquiTrumpet

You can use this snippet to set pre-order for your products:

{% for tag in product.tags %}

{% if tag contains 'your_tab' %}

{% assign has_preorder = true %}

{% endif %}

{% endfor %}

{% unless has_preorder == true %}

{%- if settings.quantity_msg -%}

{%- assign enableqtyMsg = true -%}

{%- if current_variant.inventory_management == "shopify" and current_variant.inventory_quantity < settings.max_quantity and current_variant.inventory_quantity != 0 -%}

{%- assign enableqtyMsg = flase -%}

{%- endif -%}

{% assign qtyMsg = 'products.product.quantity_message' | t | split: '{{items}}' %}

<div id="quantity_message" data-qty="{{settings.max_quantity}}"{%- if enableqtyMsg -%}style="display:none;"{%- endif -%}>{{qtyMsg[0]}} <span class="items">{{product.selected_or_first_available_variant.inventory_quantity}}</span> {{qtyMsg[1]}}</div>

{% for variant in product.variants %}<span class="hide" id="pvr-{{ variant.id }}">{{variant.inventory_quantity}}</span>{% endfor %}

{%- endif -%}

{% endunless %}

Remember: You need to change "your_tab" with the tag of that products.

Hope this helps. If you can not do that, you can add me as a staff, I'll check it for you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes