Prestige Theme - Removing some products from "recommended" or removing "recommended"

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there!

We're using the Prestige theme and have couple products we need to be active, but we don't want visible randomly in "recommended" carousels. Is there a way to exclude certain products from the "recommended" carousel?

Also related - how would I create an "alternate" product template that doesn't have the other recommended products, if I wanted that turned off for certain products?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @atonmas,

Im pretty sure the recommended section is based on a code that show the best-recommended choices over time. It gets data from all your previous orders and displays the best products to show based on what your previous customers have bought.

Obviously this doesn't work efficiently unless you have many, many orders.

You either need to create a new section which allows ytou to put manual options, or turn it off. You can hide it in the customizer. See below. This is on the product page. Just click on that below and turn it off

Defineify_0-1603547692568.png

If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept my post as the Solution
Need help customizing your store? Contact me on email at Defineify@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks! Do you know how to create a new product template that doesn’t have the recommended section so that I can keep it on for most products, remove it for others?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @atonmas 

Just copy and paste the product-template into a new template and name it something else. Then go to the products themselves, on the right-hand column there will be an option to choose which template you want to use.

Go from there.

If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept my post as the Solution
Need help customizing your store? Contact me on email at Defineify@gmail.com
0 Likes