Prestige theme - How to a restock request form

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I'm using the Prestige theme on Shopify. I'd love to add a restock request notification button on my website so that customers can enter their email on a product page and get a notification when the product is restocked.

I found this tutorial on Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/forms/add-product-availability-reminder-form#sectio...

I believe Prestige is a sectioned theme so am following that tutorial, however for the below steps:

1. In the Sections directory, click product-template.liquid.

2. Find the opening HTML <form> tag. It will look similar to this:

I cannot locate the opening HTML <form> tag anywhere in product-template.liquid.

Can anyone please advise how to solve this issue or how I can add this restock request notification onto the Prestige theme?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
434 44 50

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @ccCC.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

I understand you would like to notify your customers when a product is back in stock and I can appreciate you for giving our theme tutorial a try. This tutorial will vary based on your theme’s templates and third-party themes, such as Prestige, falls outside the scope of our Theme Support as we aren’t familiar with their theme’s coding. However, if you have limited knowledge with HTML, CSS, Javascript, or HTML, I recommend hiring a developer or working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom themes and will be able to help you implement the restock alerts. 

That said, I was able to find a free third-party app for back-in-stock alerts, called Stockify, which may be another solution for you. This app will be able to do restock alerts with little coding involved. If you require support with this app, you can always reach out to the developer directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app page.

I hope this provides an alternate solution for restock alerts. If you have any other questions on this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, Do you mind sharing your website where you implemented this "restock request form"? I am trying to do the same but would like to see how visually it's looking

Thanks

Kunal

0 Likes