Previewing site in new theme

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

I currently use the prestige theme on my shopify account and was wondering if the was a way to see how my site would look like in a preview mode using another theme.

I have tried adding a new theme but no information seems to migrate from current theme over to one i want to preview before i buy. essentially meaning i would have to start from scratch with new theme.

Is there a way i can see how my site would look in alternate themes.

thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1220 120 308

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @russgera 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. So when you add a new theme to your store or preview a new theme on your store you do need to customize it from scratch - preferences such as color choices and sections do not transfer from one theme to another. You can, however, try a paid theme to see how it looks with your products, brand colors, and style, before making the commitment to buy the theme. While you preview a theme, you can make customizations by using the theme editor. Any changes you make will be saved when you purchase the theme. You can preview up to 19 paid themes, which allows you to compare different themes before buying. 

Steps:

1. Visit the Shopify Theme Store and choose a paid theme.
  2. Click Try theme. A preview of the theme will load for your online store.
  3. From the toolbar at the bottom of the page, do one of the following:
    • To stop previewing the theme, click Close preview
    • To purchase the theme, click Buy theme
    • To modify the theme settings using the theme editor, click Customize theme.

Even if you choose not to buy it, the paid theme will be added to the Themes page of your admin. Paid themes that you are trying will have a Theme trial label. As mentioned, you will still need to customize this trial theme to see how it will look with your brand colors etc. 

I hope this helps. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes