Previewing theme with themekit

Tourist
6 0 2

I have `theme watch --allow-live` running and yet when I look at my store, which is using the theme I'm developing, I don't see any updates to the CSS or to the markup. 

This is my first time creating a theme. 

Shopify Partner
560 61 94

@o-t-w!

After "theme watch -- allow-live" you need to make changes and SAVE. The logs will appear in your PowerShell or where you added the theme watch command. Post those logs here so I can see what's going on in your theme kit.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gmail.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Umair, 

It turns out the reason things weren't updating is because there was an "error" in my CSS. 

I commented out the code that was causing a problem and now it works. There is a post saying that Sass is being deprecated and to use CSS custom properties instead, yet the default theme generated by themekit still comes with an .scss file and using the native CSS variables generated an error??

:root {
// --black: rgb(0,0,0);
// --white: rgb(255,255,255);
// --cream: #F2F0EA;
// --tiny: 8px;
}

Shopify Partner
560 61 94

@o-t-w!

I've never used CSS variables, I still use scss. Maybe you can try updating your theme kit?

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gmail.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes