Price From in Debut Theme

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

I am trying to add a 'From' price on collection pages when variants of a product have different prices.

I have been looking at various solutions in the forum but none seem to work on the latest version of Debut theme. Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
531 110 150

@Wrightj2 

You can try following code into your product-price.liquid file:

{% if product.price_max != product.price_min  %}
      From {{product.price_min | money}}
{% endif %}

or, let me know if you need more help.

Thank you,

Tejas

Shopify Expert | skype: tejas.nadpara
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
1 Like
Tourist
4 1 2

Hi - Thanks for your help but that doesn't seem to do anything. Where exactly in product-price.liquid file should I be placing the code? maybe that's where I'm going wrong. Also, maybe it's my lack of understanding of Shopify but I'm unclear what this has to do with the 'compare_at_price' it's the variants that are a different price, not the price relative to the compare at price.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
531 110 150

@Wrightj2 

I updated code in my earlier post. please try it.

Shopify Expert | skype: tejas.nadpara
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
4 1 2

@Tejas_Nadpara Thank you, that helped me crack it once I worked out where to put it and added an %else% statement. Here's the new code in situ to help anyone else out looking for same solution.

<div class="price__regular">
    <dt>
      <span class="visually-hidden visually-hidden--inline">{{ 'products.product.regular_price' | t }}</span>
    </dt>
    <dd>
      <span class="price-item price-item--regular" data-regular-price>
        {% if available %}
          {% if compare_at_price > price %}
            {{ compare_at_price | money }}
        <!-- Start code to add 'From' price' -->
         {% else %}
        {% if product.price_max != product.price_min  %}
      From {{product.price_min | money}}
        <!-- End code to add 'From' price' -->
          {% else %}
            {{ money_price }}
          {% endif %}
        {% else %}
          {{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
        {% endif %}
         {% endif %}

</span>
    </dd>
  </div>
1 Like
1 0 0

Hello there. I have different prices depending on variants in one product. Some of these variants have a very low price and I want to remove the lowest price on collecting pages. So here's the example:

variant 1:     0,99€

variant 2: 20,00 €

variant 3: 30,00 €

-> I want to exclude the cheapest variant from collecting pages, so product shall be marked on collecting pages with "from 20,00€".

Is it possible and does anybody have a code I can add to the "from-price"-code presented here?

Thank you VERY MUCH for your efforts.

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 1 1

Hi all

I've put this code onto my Page and it's worked a treat -- now on the Collection Pages my pages display FROM instead of the smallest price. That's what I wanted.

However, on my Product Pages, now it displays the From £20 but defaults to the image of whichever variant I've chosen as the most important, which is extremely confusing as it looks like, say, a £100 box set is £20. Only if the customer choose ANOTHER variant can they see the price of the original...

How can I retain the Price From paradigm on the Collection Page but ensure that the system defaults to the order and the correct pricing of the variants, as input in the backend, and displays the appropriate price?  

B

0 Likes